Thursday, October 1, 2009
Gotta Love Those Eighth Graders
One of my concerns this year was how the older students would react to having the younger students on campus with them. Well, I gotta tell you. My worries were nothing. Today at lunch I watched the students play dodge ball. The oldest and youngest students were having a ball (no pun intended). It was great to watch the older students look out for the younger ones. One of the eighth grade boys when he was throwing the ball always took extra care not to throw the ball too hard at the little ones. It was very sweet to see his concern. He was also making sure none of the older students threw the ball to hard at the younger students. This kind of behavior wasn't an isolated incidence. It's been the norm. I think the younger and older students have a lot to teach each other. I'm very glad to be able to witness this behavior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment